FORMEX – Aerospace Electrical Insulation Supplier
|Flame Retardant 94 V-0 Electrical Insulation and Barrier Materials
“The Living Hinge Material”
Score and Fold to Fabricate Economical 3-dimensional Parts
Fold Repeatedly Without Cracking or Splitting
High Dielectric Breakdown Strength
UL 94 V-0 Flame Class; RoHS Compliant
Non-hygroscopic; Superior Chemical Resistance
ITW Formex® flame retardant materials provide superior electrical insulation and barrier materials in industrial and consumer electronic equipment. The electrical insulating material is available in rolls, sheets, and panels and can be easily fabricated into a wide range of shapes.
No other flame retardant, electrical insulating materials can match the flexibility and performance of Formex™ for cost-effective fabricated parts. Formex™ has successfully replaced a variety of electrical papers, thermoplastic materials, and injected molded parts.
Parts fabricated from Formex™ are cost-effective replacements for injection molded or sheet metal parts used inside electrical equipment. In these applications, Formex™ parts not only are easier to use, they also reduce tooling and fabricating expenses and cut inventory and warehousing costs. See how Formex compares to fish paper and aramid paper.
· Outstanding dielectric strength properties.
· Patented materials are easily fabricated to provide low-cost solutions.
· Statex™ grade available for static sensitive solutions.
· May be used as a substrate with metal lamination for RFI/ EMI shielding.
Thermal and Electrical Barrier
· Formex™ materials offer superior protection due to high dielectric strength, physical strength and flexibility.
· Supplied in rolls or sheets that can be printed and will accept adhesive bonding.
· Formex’s unique material properties meet global standards for flame retardancy and chemical resistance.
· The structural integrity of Formex™ materials provide new and unique options for the design and construction of low-cost internal mechanical components.
· Fabricated internal parts such as air-flow baffles and wire-harness organizers are commonly used as cost-effective replacements for plastic injection-molded or sheet metal components.
ITW Formex® materials comply with UL 94V-0, CSA, IEC, VDE, TUV, BSR and METI standards, plus meet all major North American, European and Asian flammability and environmental requirements, including RoHS and WEEE. See how Formex compares to fish paper and aramid paper.
Electrical Insulation & Barrier Materials
Flame Retardant 94 V-0 Electrical Insulation and Materials
ITW Formex® polypropylene flame retardant materials provide superior electrical insulation in industrial and consumer electronic equipment. It is also useful as a thermal and electrical barrier material. Formex™ materials are available as extruded sheets, rolls or panels and can be fabricated into a wide range of shapes to meet the flammability and dielectric needs of a variety of applications. Custom manufacturing is Fralock specialty.
Electrical Insulating Applications
Formex™ Electrical Insulating
ITW Formex® Electrical Insulating and Barrier Materials are used in a Wide Range of Applications:
· Barriers to prevent access to dangerous areas
· Internal fabricated parts:
· Air flow baffles
· Wire/cable harness/organizer
· EMI/RFI shield
Formex™ GK Electrical Insulation Material
· Superior dielectric strength.
· Continuous use temperature to 115ºC.
Formex™ Electrical Insulation Material
· Continuous use temperature to 110ºC.
Statex™ Static Dissipation Material
· Static dissipative ESD protection.
· Continuous use temperature to 110ºC.
PEP Rigid Panel Material
· Rigid, lightweight panels.
· Continuous use temperature to 115ºC
offers material flexibility and an expanded range of thickness options unattainable with cast resins or laminated constructions using adhesives. Offering the excellent chemical, physical, thermal and electrical properties of KAPTON® in thick sheet format is unique in today’s material marketplace.
Traditional laminates are notoriously unreliable at temperatures which exceed the Glass Transition (Tg) of the adhesives used in their constructions. You can count on CIRLEX’S® integrity at extreme temperatures, from cryogenic [-269°C (-452°F)] to as high as 220°C (428°F); and it is readily modified/machined by laser cutting, drilling, machining and chemical etching.
Incomparable Performance in Adhesiveless Technology Laminates
KAPTON® and CIRLEX® laminates use adhesiveless bonding technology unique in the marketplace today. Eliminate the adhesive and you eliminate the weak link in the chain. Use of all polyimide bonding eliminates the adhesive interface where many problems occur. Polyimide is closely matched to the CTE of copper, and can also be used to bond many other metals with bond strengths typically > 10 pli. If your application requires high temperature resistance, dimensional stability, low outgassing, durability, and solvent resistance; you need CIRLEX® adhesiveless laminates.
***CIRLEX® is a registered trademark of DUPONT used under license by FRALOCK.
***KAPTON® is a registered trademark of DUPONT.
CIRLEX® MSDS -PDF