MVTR Wound Dressing is a transparent polyurethane film coated with an acrylic pressure-sensitive adhesive that acts like a second skin. This moisture vapor permeability allows excess moisture to evaporate through the dressing, while maintaining a moist wound environment conducive to healing.The rate at which the dressing allows moisture to evaporate is known as the moisture vapor transmission rate (MVTR). Different film dressings will have a low, medium or high MVTR, the latter resulting in quick moisture loss. It is important to check the specifications of the dressing and match the appropriate dressing to the conditions of the wound, wounds with medium volumes of exudate may require a dressing with a high MVTR or film with a pad; a wound that needs observation would need transparent film.
Exposed wounds need dressing(s) as a protective means to form favorable environment for healing and revival. With the remarkable advancements in modern science and technology, and the introduction of multifunctional products, primary wound dressings have been developed to replace the existing swab dressing which had only functioned as the covering for wounds.
- High moisture vapor transmission rate (MVTR)
- Hypoallergenic adhesive and Antimicrobial properties
- Transparent, waterproof film
- Flexibility to conform to body contours with a low profile
- Hydrofilm Plus includes an absorbent, non-stick pad
- Prevents moisture build-up under dressings to avoid peel-off
- Secures dressing on the skin comfortably for longer wear time
- Visibility allows wound assessment without dressing removal. Enables patient to shower with dressing in place while providing a barrier to bacteria.
- Secure and reliable fit
- Easy-to-follow steps that can be performed with one gloved hand
- Hydrofilm Plus wicks exudate away from wound without sticking to the wound bed.
For additional information about us or to begin discussions on your project, click our Quote Request, or call 1-800-FRALOCK (372-5625)