CIRLEX® Data Sheet
CIRLEX® 100% polyimide film has been used successfully in an array of applications due to its stability from temperatures as low as -269°C (-452°F) and as high as 400°C (752°F). CIRLEX® has excellent wear and friction properties, very good electrical and physical properties, and is impervious to most chemicals. Fralock manufactures Cirlex® to rigorous standards using 100% KAPTON® polyimide composite materials to achieve these high performance characteristics. The glass transition temperature of 351°C provides for exceptional stability and reliability across a broad temperature spectrum.
CIRLEX® benefits designers and users in aerospace, electronics, electrical, semiconductor, and chemical industries, among others, because of its excellent mechanical and electrical properties, dimensional stability, ease of machining, low out gassing characteristics, creep resistance, wear resistance and chemical inertness.
- CIRLEX® is available in stock sheet sizes of 13.5” x 23.5” or 23.5” x 23.5”
- Custom sheet dimensions may be available. Contact your Fralock Representative for details.
- Available in 1 mil thickness increments from 0.006” to 0.200”
* Stand-offs, Shims & Spacers * Flex Circuit Stiffeners * Flex-to-Board Connectors * Thrust Washers * Seal Rings * Thermal & Electrical Insulators * Strain Relief * Fiber Optics * Gaskets * Microfluidics *
- Monolithic polyimide construction with no adhesive weak points
- Glass transition temperature (Tg)of~351°C (664°F)
- Maintains its mechanical properties at extreme temperatures, from cryogenic -269°C (-452°F) to as high as 400°C (752°F) for short duration
- Meets flammability requirements of UL94V-0 (UL file #E39505) and is inherently Halogen free
- Readily modified by machining, drilling, laser cutting, and chemical etching.
- Space Qualified
- Low out gassing
- Chemically inert
- Abrasion resistant
- Very good tensile and compressive strength
- Thermally and electrically insulating with a dielectric strength of 2790 V/mil
- Low CTE, 30 ppm in-plane at temperatures below 350°C (ASTME831)
Fralock’s custom manufacturing capabilities include foil lamination, machining, drilling, laser cutting, and chemical etching. If you can envision it, we can help you realize it. Contact your Fralock representative at 1-800-372-5625 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about Fralock’s advanced capabilities and why we say CIRLEX® is “KAPTON® without limitations.”
CIRLEX® Data Sheet
***CIRLEX® is a registered trademark of DUPONT used under license by FRALOCK.
***KAPTON® is a registered trademark of DUPONT.