|Fralock’s adhesiveless heater technologies are unsurpassed in the industry. We offer a proven success in a wide range of critical applications. Our heaters deliver reliable, precise, heat exactly where you need it, when you need it, utilizing our unique thin, flexible adhesiveless proprietary design.
Fralock’s ability to make multi-layer, all polyimide, and heaters is what makes us unique. This technology uses no adhesives of any type, only true adhesiveless polyimide films. Fralock’s proprietary technology to create a multi-layer, all polyimide heaters that have no adhesive of any type are unmatched in the industry.
Other competing constructions use adhesives that form weak links and have other physical properties that interfere with the heaters construction and reliability. By eliminating the structural weak links, Fralock heaters surpass historical limitations of traditional heater construction.
Fralock custom manufacturing can design and fabricate your heaters to a multitude of shapes, sizes and wattage. Polyimide heaters are thin and light weight with excellent dielectric strength. Polyimide heaters are preferred for applications where space, weight, and low out gassing limitations exist.
Characteristics and Features
- Abrasion resistant
- Chemically inert
- Dielectric Strength
- Glass transition temperature (Tg) of ~220°C (428°F)
- Low CTE, 30 ppm in-plane at temperatures below -269°C (ASTM E831)
- Meets NASA outgassing spec
- Meets flammability requirements of UL94V-0 (UL file #E39505) and is inherently Halogen free
- Maintains its mechanical properties at extreme temperatures, from cryogenic -269°C (-516°F) to as high as 220°C (428°F) for short duration
- Monolithic polyimide construction with no adhesive weak points
- Readily modified by machining, drilling, laser cutting, and chemical etching.
- Thermally and electrically insulating with a dielectric strength of 3500 V/mil
- Tensile Strength, MPa (kpsi) >345 (>50) method 2.4.19
- Elongation, %, >50, method 2.4.19
Key Advantages Fralock Fully Encapsulated AP Heaters Superior Thermal Response Time Precise control to +/- .5° C Unsurpassed Reliability
- High reliability over a wide temperature range -269°C to +220°C
- Highest Power Watt Density to 200W/in2
- Longest life cycle in typical operating conditions
Multi-Layer Adhesiveless Construction
- Integrated Circuits
- Integrated Shields
UL94V-0 (UL file #E39505) Dielectric strength of 3500 V/mil
For additional information about us or to begin discussions on your project, click our Quote Request, or call 1-800-FRALOCK (372-5625)