|Fralock designs and manufacturers flexible circuits for major OEM’s in technically advanced markets such as aerospace, medical/healthcare, and semiconductor. As a premier Flex Circuits manufacturer, Fralock supplies and converts thin, flexible materials and custom composites through a global supply chain.
We provide single and multi-layer fine pitch flexible circuits where applications require interconnections in a compact package. Our flex circuits are smaller and lighter, and can seamlessly integrate into almost any form you need. Fralock, custom manufacturing, builds flex circuits to your exacting specifications with predictable performance and high reliability
Rigid-flex circuits (A variation of flex circuits) combines a flex circuit with a rigid conductor such as a connector or a circuit board and can be found in applications ranging from consumer electronics to aircraft guidance systems. Defense, aerospace and medical devices are the most common applications for rigid-flex circuits as they are often the best way to reduce weight, and sometimes the only way to make a device feasible for the end application.
Application considerations may include:
- Tightly assembled packages where electrical connections are required in 3 axes (static application).
- Electrical connections where the assembly is required to flex during its use (dynamic application).
- Weight sensitive applications such as hand held devices, airplanes or spacecraft where they replace heavier and bulkier wire harnesses.
- In space constrained applications that prohibit the use of thicker circuit boards or wire harnesses flex circuit boards have several advantages.
- High performance applications where heat or insulation requirements preclude typical insulation materials.
Superior performance is achieved with Fralock flex circuits:
- Adhesiveless polyimide construction results in more rugged, thinner, lighter and more flexible circuits.
- Higher density circuits: trace and space capabilities down to 0.003, May be limited according to size and scope.
- Microvia sizes down to .001 diameter for high density, 2-layer flex circuits.
- Selective plating of gold and tin leads enables multiple attachment methods on the same flexible circuit.
- Alternate circuit layer materials such as beryllium copper, stainless steel and nickel can be used for optimum performance in unique applications.
- SMT and thru hole assembly services. Package sizes down to 0201 and 0.4mm pitch.
- Single Sided Flex Circuits, single or multiple access
- Double Sided Flex Circuits
- Multi-Layer Flex Circuits
- Rigid Flex Circuits
- Aerospace and Defense
- Electrical and Electronics
Our flexible and Rigid Flexible PB meet IPC-6013D:Qualification and Performance Specification for Flexible/Rigid-Flexible Printed Boards