Wound Closure Devices
Wound closure devices are an integral part of nearly every wound care and surgical procedure. The healing process is enhanced when a skin closure device provides the strength to maintain skin edges so that they remain approximated and level. These wound closure devices distribute tension along the entire incision, adding uniform strength to the incision and preventing skin gaps from forming when the skin is stressed. These qualities are necessary to create a strong, flexible barrier to prevent bacteria from entering the incision until the epidermis has fully healed.
Wound closure devices provide less risk of infection, since no skin piercing is involved, studies have shown that wound closure devices are associated with a lower infection rate than for those closed with invasive sutures or staples.
- Surgical incisions
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Cosmetic surgery
- Noninvasive surgical skin closure designed to provide a suture-like outcome
- Lower rate of infection and over-all morbidity when compared to sutures and/or staplers.
- Lower overall cost and a reduction in operating room time when compared to sutures and/or staples.
- Strangulation and necrosis of tissue are eliminated because of gentle handling of tissue.
- Provided better cosmetic results.
Contact Fralock for skin closure devices that enable surgeons to minimize tissue trauma, optimize healing and improve patient outcomes, while offering time-saving options for painless, needleless closure of surgical incisions and lacerations.
For additional information about us or to begin discussions on your project, click our Quote Request, or call 1-800-FRALOCK (372-5625)