Semiconductor High Performance Materials
CIRLEX® is the latest addition to our diverse product family of semiconductor high performance materials . Made from 100% DuPont KAPTON® polyimide film, CIRLEX® is a product that delivers performance and value for some of the most demanding material applications. Fralock is DuPont’s sole licensee for the production of CIRLEX® worldwide.
CIRLEX® offers all the excellent chemical, physical, thermal and electrical properties of KAPTON® in thick sheet format. CIRLEX® can be bonded to foils (copper, inconel, nickel and stainless steel) using our adhesiveless polyimide bonding technology. Bond strengths will typically exceed > 10 pli.
SEAMLESS INTEGRATION IN POLYIMIDE
CIRLEX® – an all-polyimide sheet material – has been developed to fill the growing requirement for thick all-polyimide materials, stemming from a wide variety of industries such as semiconductor, aerospace, and electronics.
If you are looking to replace current applications using ceramic or Vespel®, or upgrade to a new high performance polyimide materials, CIRLEX® offers material flexibility and an expanded range of thickness options unattainable with cast resins or laminated constructions using adhesives. Offering the excellent chemical, physical, thermal and electrical properties of KAPTON® in thick sheet format is unique in today’s material marketplace.
Traditional laminates are notoriously unreliable at temperatures which exceed the Glass Transition (Tg) of the adhesives used in their constructions. You can count on CIRLEX®’s integrity at extreme temperatures, from cryogenic [-269°C (-452°F)] to as high as 220°C (428°F); and CIRLEX® polyimide is readily modified/machined by laser cutting, drilling, machining and chemical etching.
- Available in thicknesses starting at 4 mil (.004, .20mm)
- Custom Adhesiveless Lamination
- Glass transition temperature (Tg) of ~220°C (428°F)
- Ideal match for environmental extremes
- Improved yields from large and custom sheet sizes
- Machines Easily
- Maintains its mechanical properties at extreme temperatures, from cryogenic -269°C (-452°F) to as high as 220°C (428°F)
- Plasma Resistant
- Solvent Resistant – to all known organic solvents
- Space Qualified
- Thermal & Dimensional Stability
- Thermally and electrically insulating with a dielectric strength of 2790 V/mil
- UL® 94VO rated
CIRLEX® Data Sheet -PDF
Fralock is ISO and AS Registered, and we are ITAR compliant.
Contact us directly for further information. Request a Quote or Call us at 1-800-FRALOCK (372-5625)