DuPontTM Cirlex® is a thick all-polyimide laminate sheet material that has been developed to fill the growing requirement for thick polyimide materials. Cirlex®is used for a wide variety of applications in several industries including semiconductor manufacturing, aerospace, medical/life science, industrial, and electronics.
If you are looking to replace current applications using ceramic or Vespel®, or upgrade to new high-performance polyimide materials, Cirlex® thick all polyimide laminates offer material flexibility and an expanded range of thickness options unattainable with cast resins or laminated constructions using adhesives.
Adhesiveless Lamination Technology (ALT)
Cirlex® is fabricated using our proprietary Adhesiveless Lamination Technology (ALT) which produces a monolithic thick polyimide (Kapton®) with no adhesives. It is ideal for applications requiring thermal and electrical insulation, and for use as a stiffening material for other components. Cirlex® has the same superior chemical, physical, thermal and electrical properties of DuPontTM Kapton®, with the ability to operate in harsh environments with extreme temperatures. Cirlex® is an ALT Dura™ product.
Fralock is the exclusive worldwide licensee and manufacturer of Cirlex®.
Characteristics and Features:
- Abrasion resistant
- Chemically inert
- Dielectric strength up to 2,790 volts/mil
- Glass transition temperatures up to 351°C (663°F)
- Low CTE, 30 ppm in-plane at temperatures below -269°C (ASTM E831)
Available in thicknesses from 8 mil (0.2032 mm) to 125 mil (3.175 mm).
- Thermal: Temperature range from -452°F to 664°F (-269°C to 351°C)
- Flammability rating, UL® 94VO
- Chemical: Impervious to most organic chemicals, solvents, fuels and lubricants.
- NASA outgassing requirements
- Flammability requirements of UL-94V-0 (UL file #E39505)
- Inherently halogen free
- Maintains its mechanical properties at extreme temperatures, from cryogenic-269°C (-516°F) to over 300°C (572°F)
- Monolithic polyimide construction with no adhesive weaknesses
- Readily modified by machining, drilling, laser machining
- Thermal & dimensional stability
- High performance – dimensional stability over high temp range: -452°F to 664°F, 94 V-O flammability rating.
- Thermal cycling tested from -186°C to 150°C
How are Customers Utilizing Cirlex® ?
– Encapsulated shims
– Gaskets and Seals
– Electrical Insulators
– Standoffs and Spacers
– Electrostatic Chucks
– Flexible Multizone heaters
– Flex and Rigid-Flex Circuits
– All-Polyimide Flex Cables
If your application requires high temperature resistance, dimensional stability, low outgassing, durability, and chemical resistance, you need Fralock’s all polyimide adhesiveless laminates.
For more information about Cirlex® , READ THE WHITE PAPER. Let us help you engineer an optimal solution for your application.
Cirlex® and Kapton® are registered trademarks of affiliates of DuPont de Nemours, Inc. used under license by Fralock.