Whether your requirements involve chemical or physical resistance, extreme temperature range, or outgassing restrictions, we have a solution for you.
We offer three types of lamination solutions.
- Pressure sensitive adhesive laminates such as silicones and acrylic laminate
- Applications: Tapes or films with instant adhesion and operating temperature up to ~185° C.
- Heat-activated adhesive lamination such as meltable acrylics epoxies, butyl, nitrile phenolics and fluoropolymers.
- All-polyimide lamination without using adhesives for applications that require operating temperatures over 200°C. Features include bonds without residual stickiness, preventing dust and dirt accumulation during operation and mitigating delamination.
- Adhesiveless Lamination Technology (ALT): Fralock utilizes our unique technology to produce flexible circuits, heaters, other electronic components, and DuPont™ Cirlex® – thick polyimide material suitable for high-temperature applications.
Adhesiveless Lamination Technology (ALT) Applications:
Adhesiveless laminates can include foils, allowing manufacture of flexible heaters and flat-flex foldable cables that are built to withstand extreme environments. DuPont™ Cirlex® is manufactured using ALT, and its applications include thermal barriers, shims, gaskets, and other encapsulated components.
All-Polyimide, Adhesiveless Laminates – Fralock’s unique materials and ALT allows us to develop and produce a wide range of ultra high-reliability flexible circuits and heaters that offer key advantages, including:
- Robust Handling: Virtually eliminates fragility related assembly damage, rework and program delays
- Full Folding: May be tightly creased without delamination or fracture
- Fine Line/Trace and Spacing: to 1.5 mil, allows compact design
- Low Mass: Superior materials, lamination, trace/spacing and connector elimination yields lower mass
- Exceptional Radiation Resistance: Retains physical, thermal, electrical and isolation properties throughout extended mission life
- Unsurpassed Reliability with All Polyimide Fully Encapsulated Designs
- All polyimide bonding eliminates the adhesive interface where most problems occur.
- Full encapsulation eliminates the voids around metallic traces that create performance variables and structural discontinuities that affect durability.
- Laminate bond strengths exceed substrate properties and that typically exceed 10 PLI to metallic traces.
- Wide operational temperature range -269°C to +351°C (Tg)