Our ceramic heaters are among the highest performance heaters available in the market today.
Leveraging the powerful coupling of Aluminum Nitride (AlN) ceramic with internal Tungsten resistance heating traces, our multi-layer technology allows for complex tungsten circuitry and integrated temperature sensing. Fralock can produce a wide range of heater sizes and shapes to satisfy the demanding requirements of our customers.
We provide engineering support including full internal thermal modeling, CFD, and CAD design services for your thermal management requirements.
Linear Coefficient of
Expansion per ºC
4.3 x 10E-6
4.3 x 10E-6
- Extremely rapid heating in excess of 300°C/sec
- High performance heating combined with micro-channel cooling
- High watt density – 2000W per square inch
- Ultra-rapid temperature transition
- Instantaneous temperature feedback
- Precision temperature uniformity
- Complex tungsten circuitry including multiple zones
- Integrated temperature sensing traces
- All shapes and sizes including tubular heaters
- Sizes range from a few millimeters to 15 inches
Heaters are available in multilayer ceramics or metal laminates of copper or stainless steel.
We can thick or thin film metalize and plate to provide brazeable, solderable, or wire-bondable surfaces.
Internal and External Channels in Aluminum Nitride
The high thermal conductivity and low coefficient of expansion of AlN are employed to carry heat away from electronic devices through internal or external micro cooling channel layers added onto the multilayer circuitry. This can either be used for temperature transition applications or simply to remove heat from devices like laser Diodes, server processors, or power modules.
Rapid cooling is achieved using micro cooling channels
- Metal coolers brazed or clamped to our AlN heaters
- Integrated cooling channels both internal and external in the AlN heater
Plasma Generator (dielectric deposition),
Chip Clock Speed Testing
– Satellite propulsion
Seal Bar Heating
Mass Spectrometry Heater
Cryoablation Heater (for speeding the thawing process)
Catheter Coater Heaters (for coating wires along a catheter to improve lubricity)
Multilayer heaters (with built-in RTDs)
Gas Chromatography, Mass Spectrometry
Other IndustriesPower Modules
– Inverters to change voltages – for small electronics
– IGBT Insulated Gate Bipolar Transducer – High voltage, high current switching
– MOSFET (Metal Oxide semiconductor field effect transfer) – switching devices for automotive electronic control units